- To receive and investigate any allegation of corrupt practices against any person, group or organization in the state and based on the outcome of investigations, institute appropriate measures to deal with it.
- To receive, investigate and decide on complaints of injustices and official ineptitude, including administrative decisions based on mistakes, biases or abuse of powers from members of the public against any individual, department or other agencies and functionaries of the State and Local Governments.
- Mediation of disputes between individuals, groups or corporate bodies, thereby ensuring that members of the public have the opportunity to settle their disputes peacefully and amicably through the instrument of State Authority. This role is being undertaken in coordination with other available mediation avenues whether formal or non-formal in the state.
- Support and assistance to the weak and vulnerable members of the society aimed at protecting and promoting their rights under the legal system. These services include, Legal Advice, information and assistance for accessing the judiciary and other institutions responsible for enforcing citizen’s rights, and Referral services.
- Raising Public Awareness on the social ills of corruption and infringements on people’s rights.