- Public Complaints & Mediation
- Right Protection & Public Awareness
- Administration & General Services
PUBLIC COMPLAINTS & MEDIATION DEPARTMENT
- To receive, investigate and decide on complaints of administrative injustice, decisions on mistakes, bias and abuse of power.
- To receive and investigate complaints of unsatisfactory conduct and inaptitude by any government official with a view to remedy the situation.
- To lunch investigation on behalf of the Commission in response to any credible information, regarding inadequacies in the function of government department, institutions and functionaries with a view to recommend reforms.
- To investigate oppressive conduct by powerful members of the society.
- To recommend corrective measure aimed at remedying administrative injustice after extensive investigation.
- To introduce necessary procedural reforms to forestall occurrence of Administrative injustices in the feature.
- To supervise compliance with administrative decisions and due process.
- To mediate between individual persons, who happen to be in dispute?
- To mediate between individuals and corporate bodies or between corporate bodies themselves for settlements of disputes and complaints.
RIGHT PROTECTION & PUBLIC AWARENESS DEPARTMENT
- To offer legal advice, information, and necessary assistance and support for accessing justice in other institutions responsible for enforcing citizens’ rights.
- To facilitate referral, including presentation, follow up and support of complaints from citizens to appropriate institutions.
- To offer financial support to deserving person(s) to enable them access justice.
- To employ ways and methods of enlightening members of the society on their rights and how to facilitate, use and protect it.
- To enlighten the public on available opportunities and processes for redress of grievances and complaints.
- To guarantee the rights of weak and vulnerable members of the society through counseling, guidance and support.
- To publicize the activities of the Commission.
- To liaise with other statutory bodies responsible for Women’s Right Advancement and Protection Alternative (WRAPA), National Human Rights Commission, other Non-Government Organizations (NGO’s).
- To investigate any allegation of corrupt practices against any civil or public servant in the service of the State and prosecute the accused on the advice of the Attorney – General of the State.
- To minor and inquire into any case of suspected corrupt practices in the public service of the state.
- To receive and inquire into any allegation of corruption concerning any public officer.
- To seek information from other public officers and the general public regarding any case of corrupt practices reported to it.
- To monitor proper handling of all Government moveable and immovable properties.
- To investigate any allegation of improper or non-performance of any Government contract with a view to advice Government on the necessary administrative and legal action.
- To liaise with other statutory bodies responsible of anticorruption and moral regeneration. i.e. the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC).